- Care Services
- Lifestyle Services
- Admissions and Pricing
- Map & Contact
- Fig Tree Point Aged Care Facility offers residents a lakeside lifestyle that most people only dream of. Set on the picturesque Lake Macquarie in Toronto, residents can enjoy spectacular views, take part in stimulating lifestyle activities, or simply relax in this tranquil sanctuary.
At Fig Tree Point we embrace the philosophy of ageing in place, meaning that we cater for the advancement of a person’s care needs, all within the same familiar and supportive living environment.
Our staff are passionate about enhancing the lives of people in our care, and take a holistic approach which encompasses the physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual and lifestyle needs of our residents to ensure their wellbeing.
Being an approved Extra Services facility, we are also able to provide additional hotel-type services, including private rooms with ensuite bathrooms, increased leisure and entertainment activities, and greater meal choices.
Fig Tree Point is part of the Hunter Valley Care family, an Australian, family-owned business that has been providing aged care services to the people of Newcastle and the Hunter for over 30 years. Hunter Valley Care is continually upgrading Fig Tree Point to ensure the level of excellence is maintained. You will find it a modern, luxurious and innovative facility that you or your loved one will be proud to call home.
We look forward to meeting with you to discuss how we can best accommodate and support you or your loved one at Fig Tree Point.
For more information Contact our Admissions Officer Jessica: 02 4950 4133, 9:00am – 3:00pm Monday to Friday.
- 81 bed residential aged care facility
- Five wings over four levels
- 24-hour nursing care available
- Bright, spacious and picturesque living environment
- Stimulating lifestyle programs
- At Fig Tree Point, we strive to enhance people’s lives by genuinely caring. We want our residents to feel that they are part of a bigger family and that Fig Tree Point is their home.
Our person-centred approach to care is founded on the belief that every person is a valued individual in their own right, worthy of respect and deserving of the means to live their life as they please. We tailor care plans to cater to the needs of the individual, so personal choices and preferences are always respected when it comes to residents’ care and lifestyle preferences.
We want our residents to feel secure in the fact the Fig Tree Point is their home for as long as they want. The emotional security we provide comes not only from our caring team, but also through our ageing in place philosophy. This allows us to cater for our residents as their needs change over time.
With 24-hour registered nursing care available seven days a week, residents can be assured that someone is always around to help.
- Fig Tree Point comprises 81 beds over four levels. Elevators link all floors and there are no steps to negotiate. Both private and shared rooms are available, all with non-slip flooring and equipment to aid people who are physically challenged.
Our Extra Services accommodations provide for all care levels in a private suite with ensuite bathroom, as well as including additional hotel-type services such as increased meal choices and additional lifestyle activities.
The styling creates a rich, warm and comfortable atmosphere, taking in spectacular views of Lake Macquarie. Residents can come together or visit with family and friends in one of the many lounge rooms and sitting areas, or relax on one of the large verandahs to admire the views.
Residents can be assured that they are safe and secure at Fig Tree Point. Our security camera system, installed in all communal areas and corridors, enables us to monitor the facility 24 hours a day. A locked keypad system is installed to all entry and exit doors to the building.
Emergency call buttons, installed to residents’ bedrooms and bathrooms and throughout communal areas, alert nursing staff around the clock in the case of an emergency. We can also supply a Vital Call personal emergency alert pendant for residents to keep on their person.
No matter what level of care our residents require, the most important thing is that Fig Tree Point feels like home. We encourage residents to decorate their room with personal items to create a feeling of home.
- At Fig Tree Point, we share a passion for helping people get the most out of life by staying active, stimulated and connected. Our residents are provided with enriching lifestyle activities that encourage socialisation, but as always, we respect their personal choice regarding participation in our programs.
We want Fig Tree Point to feel like home, with friends and family free to visit when they please. Residents can look forward to spending time with their loved ones in any of the bright lounge areas or private sitting areas. There is a choice of beautiful outdoor waterfront or garden areas to entertain in and we also have a private room ideal for family functions.
We also support our residents’ independence, encouraging them to go on outings or stay overnight with family and friends. Staff will help residents get ready for these occasions and can arrange transport if required.
Our Admissions Officer Jessica Anderson is happy to help you and your loved one through the admission process, and is available to answer any questions you have. Alternatively, contact Jessica to arrange a personal tour of Fig Tree Point on 02 4950 4133, 9:00am – 3:00pm Monday to Friday.
- Fig Tree Point’s four-step admissions process
1. Make an appointment to discuss the care and lifestyle services required for you or your loved one. Jessica will happily give you a personal tour of Fig Tree Point and will discuss:
- The level of care you require;
- The types of accommodation available;
- Costs involved with your preferred accommodation type and care services required;
- Activities available to residents and various aspects of the operation of Fig Tree Point;
- Personal items the resident would like to bring;
- Possible admission date.
2. To determine a person’s eligibility to move into Residential Aged Care, a member of the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) is required to complete an assessment of the person seeking care. For more information, please contact Jessica or you may refer to Q&A – About Aged Care.
3. Should you wish to proceed with an application, Jessica will confirm your admission date and arrange a meeting with the family prior to admission to complete the necessary paperwork. To this meeting, the family will need to bring:
- ACAT Aged Care Client Record provided by your ACAT member;
- Copy of Power of Attorney or Enduring Guardianship papers;
- Medicare pension card details;
- Bank account details to set up direct debiting if preferred.
At this meeting, the family will also meet with our Care Manager Bronwyn Wakeman to discuss a care plan for your loved one and steps for ongoing assessment.
4. On the day of admission, Jessica will take you through the admissions paperwork and arrange for your Resident Agreement to be drawn up.
We understand that the transition into aged care can be an emotionally challenging time. Our compassionate staff will help residents settle into their new living environment, paying particular attention to their emotional needs.
Please contact Jessica with any questions or to arrange a personal tour of Fig Tree Point on 02 4950 4133, 9:00am – 3:00pm Monday to Friday.
Click here for prices and available rooms at Fig Tree Point via MyAgedCare
Listed below is the maximum price (accommodation payment) you may be asked to pay for individual rooms: you may be able to negotiate a lower price with the home.
Tier 1: Shared room with shared bathroom or ensuite (maximum room occupancy 3 people).
Maximum refundable deposit $250,000.00 or maximum daily payments $40.82.
Tier 2: Single room with ensuite.
Maximum refundable deposit $400,000.00 or maximum daily payments $65.32. Extra services available at $12.50 per day
Tier 3: Single room with ensuite.
Maximum refundable deposit $550,000.00 or maximum daily payments $89.81. Extra services available at $12.50 per day.
Further information on applicable fees can also be found in Q&A – Aged Care Costs