Our Admissions Officer Kim Jones is available to answer any questions you have about living at The Sanctuary.
Please contact Kim on 02 4947 1010 to arrange a time for a personal tour of The Sanctuary 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
The steps to admission are:
1. Make an appointment with Kim to discuss the services required for you or your loved one. Kim will happily give you a personal tour of The Sanctuary and will discuss:
- Available accommodations;
- Various aspects of the life at The Sanctuary, including activities available;
- Costs involved with the preferred accommodation and services required. Costs may include an accommodation bond, Personal Services Package options and a daily fee;
- Personal items the resident would like to bring;
- Possible admission date.
Kim will provide a copy of The Sanctuary’s Disclosure Statement in which we recommend you obtain independent legal advice before entering into any residential agreement.
2. Should you wish to make an application, you will need to provide:
- A copy of your current Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) Aged Care Client Record. (This will only be required if you opt for a particular Personal Services Package);
- Completed Application Form from the government-issued 5 Steps to Entry into Residential Aged Care booklet, which is available online or may be provided by your doctor or social worker;
- Copy of Power of Attorney or Enduring Guardianship papers;
- Medicare pension card details;
- Bank account details to set up direct debiting if preferred.
3. The Admissions Officer will provide a copy of the contract to you and/or your family.
4. When new residents come to The Sanctuary, Kim and our caring staff talk to them and their family about their physical and emotional needs. We then develop individual care plans that are reviewed regularly or when a resident’s needs change. Our staff will help residents settle into their new living environment, make new friends and come to feel secure in their new home.
An Accommodation Bond is applicable and several Personal Services Packages are available depending on the types of services required by the resident. A daily fee applies, which adheres with standard government fees. Kim is happy to discuss the costs involved in detail with you.