- Care Services
- Lifestyle Services
- Admissions and Pricing
- Map & Contact
Waterview Aged Care Facility is located in Teralba, on the western side of picturesque Lake Macquarie.
Providing a modern and comfortable living environment where every day is invigorated with stimulating lifestyle activities, Waterview is also close to essential services and leisure and entertainment amenities, enabling residents to continue to get the most out of life.
At Waterview we embrace the philosophy of ageing in place, meaning that we cater for the advancement of a person’s care needs all within the same familiar and supportive living environment.
Our staff are passionate about enhancing the lives of people in our care, and take a holistic approach which encompasses the physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual and lifestyle needs of our residents to ensure their wellbeing.
Being an approved Extra Services facility, we are also able to provide additional hotel-type services, including private rooms with ensuite bathrooms, increased leisure and entertainment activities, and greater meal choices.
Waterview is part of the Hunter Valley Care family, an Australian, family-owned business that has been providing aged care services to the people of Newcastle and the Hunter for over 30 years. Hunter Valley Care is continually upgrading Waterview to ensure the level of excellence is maintained. You will find it a light, spacious and innovative facility that you or your loved one will be proud to call home.
We look forward to meeting with you to discuss how we can best accommodate and support you or your loved one at Waterview.
For more information Contact our Admissions Officer Pauline:
02 4941 7000, 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
- 97 bed residential aged care facility
- Five wings over three levels
- 24-hour nursing care
- Bright, spacious and homely living environment
- Stimulating lifestyle programs
- At Waterview, we are passionate about enhancing people’s lives by genuinely caring. Our person-centred approach to care is founded on the belief that every person is a valued individual in their own right, worthy of respect and deserving of the opportunity to live their life as they please. We always respect residents’ choices and preferences, tailoring care plans to cater to the needs of the individual.
We support the philosophy of ageing in place so our residents can be assured that Waterview will remain their home as their care needs increase.
Residents can be assured that someone is always around to help, with 24-hour registered nursing care available seven days a week.
- Waterview comprises 97 beds in five wings over three levels. An elevator links the upper and lower floors and there are no steps to negotiate. Both private and shared rooms are available, all with non-slip flooring and equipment to aid people who are physically challenged.
Our Extra Services accommodations provide for all level of care needs with the inclusion of additional hotel-type services, and in a private room with ensuite bathroom.
The safety and security of our residents is paramount. Our security camera system, installed in all communal areas and corridors, enables us to monitor the facility 24 hours a day. A locked keypad system is installed to all entry and exit doors.
Emergency call buttons, installed to residents’ bedrooms and bathrooms and throughout communal areas, alert nursing staff around the clock in the case of an emergency. We can also supply a Vital Call personal emergency alert pendant for residents to keep on their person.
We want residents to feel at home at Waterview, so encourage them to decorate their room with personal items to create a feeling of home.
- At Waterview, we share a passion for helping people get the most out of life by staying active, stimulated and connected. Our residents are provided with enriching lifestyle activities that encourage socialisation, but as always, we respect personal choice regarding participation in our programs.
Residents are encouraged to treat Waterview as they would their own home. With no set visiting hours, family and friends are welcome to visit their loved one whenever they please.
We also encourage residents to go on outings or stay overnight with family and friends. Staff will help residents get ready for these occasions and can arrange transport if required.
The bright and homely design of Waterview allows residents to relax in a number of sitting areas on each floor, providing for entertainment and comfort in pleasant surrounds.
Our Admissions Officer Pauline Boswell is happy to help you and your loved one through the admission process, and is available to answer any questions you have. Alternatively, contact Pauline to arrange a personal tour of Waterview on 02 4044 1850, 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
- Waterview’s four-step admissions process
1. Make an appointment with Admissions Officer Pauline Boswell to discuss the care and lifestyle services required for you or your loved one. Pauline will happily give you a personal tour of Waterview Aged Care Facility and will discuss:
- The level of care you require;
- The types of accommodation available;
- Costs involved with your preferred accommodation type and care services required;
- Activities available to residents and various aspects of the operation of Waterview;
- Personal items the resident would like to bring;
- Possible admission date.
2. To determine a person’s eligibility to move into Residential Aged Care, a member of the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) is required to complete an assessment of the person seeking care. For more information, please contact Pauline or you may refer to Q&A – About Aged Care.
3. Should you wish to proceed with an application, Pauline will confirm your admission date and arrange a meeting with the family prior to admission to complete the necessary paperwork. To this meeting, the family will need to bring:
- ACAT Aged Care Client Record provided by your ACAT member;
- Copy of Power of Attorney or Enduring Guardianship papers;
- Medicare pension card details;
- Bank account details to set up direct debiting if preferred.
At this meeting, the family will also meet with our Care Manager Vicki Campbell to discuss a care plan for your loved one and steps for ongoing assessment. Pauline can also arrange a transport transfer for the resident from hospital if required.
4. On the day of admission, Pauline will have the contract Resident Agreement prepared for signing. We understand that the transition into aged care can be challenging for both the person coming into our care and their family. Our compassionate staff help new residents settle into their new living environment, paying particular attention to their emotional needs.
Listed below is the maximum price (accommodation payment) you may be asked to pay for individual rooms: you may be able to negotiate a lower price with the home.
Tier 1: Shared room with shared bathroom or ensuite (maximum room occupancy 3 people).
Maximum refundable deposit $250,000.00 or maximum daily payments $40.82.
Tier 2: Single room with ensuite.
Maximum refundable deposit $400,000.00 or maximum daily payments $65.32. Extra services available at $12.50 per day.
Tier 3: Single room with ensuite.
Maximum refundable deposit $500,000.00 or maximum daily payments $81.64. Extra services available at $12.50 per day.
Further information on applicable fees can also be found in Q&A – Aged Care Costs.